Monday, February 20, 2006

Two Down, One To Go

I survived today's nastiness - drinking a gallon of colon cleansing fluid, then an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Preliminary report is some scattered diverticuli and an inflamed stomach. They did a biopsy of the stomach wall to see if they can pinpoint the cause of the inflamation. I'm glad it's over - and it is true - the test itself is painless and I don't remember a thing. The ugly part is the prep. And, I guess, the stress leading up to any medical test. At least for me.

Next test is the HIDA scan on Wednesday. Inject dye, cause gall bladder to contract, take pictures. Oh, speaking of pictures, they gave me some of both my stomach and my colon. But I'll be kind and spare you - I won't share.

Anyway, I feel pretty good tonight. A bit of a stomach-ache and tired, but otherwise good to go. It felt awfully good to finally get to eat about 4:30 this afternoon. Oh, and by the way, in true Run Club fashion, we went directly from the Digestive Center to Starbucks. A soy Chai never tasted so good!

I think I'm actually going to take tomorrow and Wednesday off from running. (Gasp!) (Really??) I am thinking a little rest would be good over a couple of stressful days. Also, I can't have anything to eat or drink after 8:00 tomorrow night and I can't imagine running Wednesday morning without being able to refuel or even drink afterwards. The test is at 8:00 am, and takes about two hours. So I'll sleep in to kill that non-eating time, then go straight to the test. Then back to running on Thursday.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and good wishes today!


robtherunner said...

Glad to hear everything went well and you got to indulge in Starbucks today. And it is alright to take a break every once in awhile ya know. I want to see sparks at the track on Thursday coming off your feet.

olga said...

I had those done last summer - yep, the prep is worse than a test. Sleep in, rest up, rule out all the nasty stuff - and come back:)

E-Speed said...

uggh. not a doctor fan. glad you are feeling better.

Thomas said...

That sounds just nasty. Glad it's behind you and you're feeling better.

nancytoby said...

Thanks for stopping by - very cool about your son!! I'd love to take some ASL classes when I have a little more flexible time some day. I used to know a woman who did ASL translations and she got part-time work all the time, anywhere, signing for theater performances, etc.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

glad it's went okay. hopefully the next one will as well!

PS can I steal what you told me in your most recent comment and post it at the top of my blog? (the part where you said: "keep running and you'll be able to do more than you imagine!") that gave me goose bumps and I want to remember it!!!