Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dehydrated?

I went out for a run this morning, 47:53. Felt pukey the whole way. Ran into Sonya and Carolynn, and while we were talking, Tess and a friend ran by. That was fun. When I got home, I felt pretty sick, so I laid down on the floor for a few minutes (our cat assumed the goal was for her to leave mass quantities of cat hair on me). After showering, I still felt nauseous, so I waited a while for breakfast. Eventually, I had a small bowl of cereal and less than a half cup of decaf tea. Then I really felt sick. I napped and it was no better so I called the consulting nurse line. They checked with yesterday's test team, who said it should not be from the test. The conclusion was that I was dehydrated. (Darn! I guess the three pounds I dropped was probably water weight.)

Apparently the colon prep causes dehyrdation, then I didn't have adequate time to recover before cutting off food and fluids again for the next test. I probably should not have run this morning, but I felt fine when I got up. Anyway, now I'm on gatorade and soda crackers. I'm supposed to push fluids today. So, no running at the track for me tonight. I'll just walk, then push some fluids at Starbucks. I don't want to cancel Pilates in the morning so I need to feel better by then. Hopefully, by Saturday, I'll be back to normal (or what passes for normal these days!)

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

Hydrate!

I hope you are feeling better for your workouts tomorrow!

Ironayla said...

Sorry to hear you are dehyrated. Glad to hear you will still be out tonight. I have been swamped with work (working 10-14 hour days this week) and am going to do my best to be there tonight. My legs are killing me from Monday... so I might just join you for a walk :)

Unknown said...

Cool! I think you should really push yourself tonight at the track until you pass out. That would be cool! (insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here)

Backofpack said...

Rob, I'd do that, but I'd mess up your run. I'd be laying across the lanes, out cold, the paramedics would come and spread out their gear and all the lanes would be blocked. Plus, you'd be so emotionally overwrought by me collapsing, that'd you'd be unable to run. I just can't do that to you!

onepinkfuzzy said...

oh, man, yuck!