Monday, January 07, 2008

Surprise Party!



Turns out our dinner plans were a little different than I thought... I thought we were going to dinner with Steve and Lorri. I knew I was in trouble when Eric handed me the tiara as we got in the car and told me to wear it.



Rick figures I need a little race assistance at my age, so he souped up a walker for me.



George thought he might be royalty, but found out that sometimes it hurts to be beautiful.




Queen Sonya knows that real princesses need bling, so she got me some.



I'm not sure who put this message up, but I like the way they think!

Many thanks to Jenny and Eric for organizing the party, and for everyone else for good food, a lot of laughs and for being great friends!

Web turns 21 years old today! Eric says having a 50 year old wife and a 21 year old son makes him feel old. Poor guy. Web's birthday marks the official end of the holiday season at our house. Now, it's back to normal, or at least, what passes for normal around here! Next race on the schedule is the Capital Peak Half-ass - 17 miles of mud, snow and climbing. Whoo-hoo!

22 comments:

Sunshine said...

Wow.. what the weather doesn't throw at you, you go out and find; mud, snow and climbing.
You are something else.. and I keep being impressed.

Eric should feel just fine with such an attractive, active, sparkling 50-year-old wife.

Great birthday pictures.

Jenny, Maniac #401 said...

I liked the fridge message too! I think it was Mike, but I'm not really sure. I am glad you enjoyed the party and happy that you were really surprised. I kept calling it a semi-surprise party because I thought you had an idea that something was up!
See you this Thursday hopefully!
Jenny

Irene said...

The pictures are hysterical! It looks like you had great time!

Sarah said...

Luv it! :)

shawn said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. Love your walker - complete with tennis balls and a flag I see! What a great end to the holidays. Glad Eric's dad is doing well.

Jack said...

Happy Birthday Michelle, now you're the same age as my better half. I still have a year and a half to go.

Keep the walker, it's great for doing dips if you decide to start Crossfit ;-)

tryathlete said...

The pictures are funny. Belated birthday wishes!

Joe said...

You have great friends.

Because you ARE a great friend!

Great party!!!

Wes said...

Happy Birthday! I hope I look and feel as young as you guys when I'm "old" like that ;-)

Darrell said...

What fun!

I agree with Eric's comment. I often wonder how we got to this point when we were just 21 ourselves not all that long ago.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle. I love the new wheels!

Mama said...

It was so fun to see the look of surprise on your face. I think it was part surprise that it was happening and part shock that Eric really did it.

It all was great fun.

Be Free,
Lorri

Donald said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! 50 is the new 40, you know.

Anonymous said...

how cool is that!!!

and happy birthday web!

King Arthur said...

Nice Boa, You might need it at the Mega 1/2 Ass. It'll be cold again.
Happy Birthday Michelle!

Unknown said...

You might want to keep the walker handy for after the 1/2 Ass. I hear it's a doozy. Nothing you can't handle though. Sorry I missed the party.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Looks like a great party, good luck on your run this weekend....I'll be running on Sunday in the Houston Marathon...think about me...don't know if I'll have a golden shirt yet though to wear there.
I'm already considering doing 6 marathons in 6 months...Nov-Apr, I just need to find something for Feb, as I have March taken care of with the Little Rock and April I'll do the OKC Memorial Marathon...hugs...thanks for all your support.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! What fun! :) What a great group of friends you have.

Good luck with your next run. This weather is quite interesting for running, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That is so great!
Happy 50th!

seagull junker said...

happy birthday michelle. no using the walker on the trail, that would be added aid. looks like you had fun. see you at CP.

Ms Eva said...

What a fun party! Happy Birthday. :)

Dori said...

Looks like a great time. Fifty is a good age.