Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Must Read

You have absolutely got to go over to Lia's blog and read the report of her first marathon. I think it is the most beautifully written post I have ever read, plus she pulled in a fabulous time. Go read it!

I am feeling good - except for a twinge of pain above my left inside ankle, and a tightness on the outside of the calf, a little higher. I am taking ibuprofin, resting and icing so I'll be race-ready on Sunday. The bonus to not running this week is sleeping in till 7:00 for three days in a row! I got up at my usual early time Monday to teach Pilates, and will do it again on Friday.

Eric and I and many, many other Y Run Club members are volunteering at the Expo and races this weekend. Eric and I have a Friday night and Saturday morning shift at the Expo. I'm looking forward to experiencing the other side of the packet table. Of course, we are all doing this to help our favorite and very own Volunteer Director of the Tacoma City Marathon, Rob. He's been over the top recently with school, student teaching, job interviews, races and volunteering. I'm afraid we'll find him in a mindless puddle on the floor come Sunday night!

And my final plug - the Biofreeze did the trick again after the marathon. My three great buys of the past few weeks have been Biofreeze, Hydropel and Fixing Your Feet. My foot problems aren't solved yet, but I'm working on it and things are improving!

Signing off from the sunny Pacific Northwest, where the feet are healing, the runners are ready and a new marathon is approaching.

17 comments:

Wes said...

Won't that be fun! I can't wait to volunteer for some races. I want to get a few under my belt first (tris) so I kind a know what I am doing and what to expect. Off to read Lia's post. Get them feet all better!!

runliarun said...

I am so happy you thought my race report was beautiful. And so grateful to you for sharing this with others.

And simply grateful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Let me know when I can borrow the book.

Olga said...

Hope those things work magic on your feet:)

JustRun said...

I agree, Lia's report was incredible!

Also, I am a HUGE biofreeze fan! yay!

Anonymous said...

I agree...Lia's report was amazing, and quite inspirational.

Though I also loved your report of the Eugene Marathon...as this is my current hometown and I'm very proud of our running reputation!

maniac hippo said...

Sorry I'll miss you all at TCM this weekend, with a wife that never comes along on running junkets I need to spend the occasional weekend on what's important.

I'm always so blown away by the whole vibe you guys have with the Y-run club (and everything else.) You folks are the real deal: "nurturing" just starts to describe what you provide to everyone you touch.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

You were so very right about Lia's report. I used to live in Farmington and know the route she was describing. I told her in my message that I felt like I was back there just from how she was describing things.

My leg feels better today, can't wait for Monday to try it out again.

Hope your feet keep mending.

NICOLE said...

Congrats. And yay for biofeeze

Anonymous said...

i second what maniac says, michelle. i wish i was up your way so that i could run with you, Eric, Rob, and the entire group.

here's another vote for biofreeze! let me know how the foot treatment goes. i have a lot of experience with experimenting and finding the right solution.

- matt

Ryan said...

Wonderful race report from the Vancouver Marathon! Sounds like you and Eric had a great weekend, a trip down memory lane and now you’re out there running marathons too….KEEP ON DREAMING BIG and in continuing the quest good luck this weekend at the Tacoma Marathon.

P.S.
My wife is going to be in Tacoma Washington on Monday for business, any recommendations on things to do?

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Lia's post! Pretty amazing!

I'm glad you are getting a little rest. Enjoy the race from the other side!

Mary Gee said...

I will go over and visit lia. It was nice to visit you too!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your help. It is so nice to have all of you to joke around with and take care of me. You and Jenny were awesome getting all the jackets together today. We'll continue with it tomorrow :)

And look I even found time to catch up on my blogging. Who needs sleep anyways?

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Hey!!! Congratulations Maniac, how did your body ever allow you to do that? It sounds so incredible.

Scott McMurtrey said...

i have a lot of work ahead of me to accomplish what you've done so far. but be assured that your blog is helping me along! keep running!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Can you tell me if you buy the Biofreeze locally, where you get it?