Thursday, November 30, 2006

Easy Week

I planned to rest this week, taking a couple days off running. It turned out to be a perfect plan - because although I'll run in most any weather, I don't run on ice. And we had a lot of ice this week. Schools were closed, the college was closed and I was home and resting. The rain came back last night, so I went out for a short run this morning, three easy miles. I could tell I'd run a marathon on Sunday. Sore quads and and a little stiff in the hips. It felt good to be out though. I'll have a Pilates/rest day tomorrow, and then run five on Saturday and five on Sunday. After that, it's back to the normal schedule and higher mileage.

I forgot to report on a couple of things about Seattle:

Riley's Half: Riley ran the Seattle Half in 1:45:57. That's an 8:05 pace. Shades of his Dad...

Toe update: one new blister, pretty small. Other toes are healing nicely. It must be the summer heat that causes me problems - maybe the sandals will help with that.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you were able to run this morning. I am hoping to get into the gym in the morning. Hmmm, I am thinking of Pilates, but I am a little scared. It may be out of my comfort zone.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are just all over it. You give a new meaning to "active recovery." :) Please remind me of that four days after my marathon, okay?

Sarah Elaine said...

Go, Riley!

As for your run, my chiropractor (a marathoner, too) agrees with you: running on ice is to be avoided at all costs! Treadmills are your friend.

Wes said...

OK. Fine. Riley is my new hero in waiting. When you are ready to retire of course. Tell'em I said so...

Olga said...

Way to go to Riley!

Olga said...

Way to go for Riley!

Joe said...

You go, Michelle!! Glad you are working out the kinks, gently.

Way to go Riley!!! Wow, good for him! I'm targeting a 1:48 half in 2007...and he just walked out and did it!! The joys of youth!!

Anonymous said...

You deserve an easy week. 3 marathons in 2 months. I am glad to see that you are giving yourself a whole month before your next planned marathon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, GREAT BLOG Site and race accomplishments and WTG Riley...

I am a newbie runne/blogger-LOL being Coached by Lisa Smith Batchen... I found your site from Olga's blog... Just wanted to say HELLO and will stop by from time to time.

Take Care, Bob

Anonymous said...

Good for you for resting! I'm glad your weather is back to normal now. We missed out on all the crazy stuff!

Have a great weekend!