Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Too Hot!

Whew. I just logged my second run for the day - it was way too hot to be out there. It is currently 85.6 degrees. I ran 3.6 miles in 44:04. I had to walk on every little hill. My heartrate was way up - 154 average, 168 high. I guess that heat and stress still have an impact on it. I ran this morning too, for about 5.3 miles, in 1:04:11. It was 59 degrees then - and my HR was up a little too, around 150 average. It's been anywhere between 41 and 46 in the last few weeks when I've gone out for the morning runs, and the afternoons have been maybe mid to high 60s. I think I need some time to acclimate!

I decided this was a good day to try an e-cap. I wanted to see if I could tolerate them, and I figured a hot, short run would be a good test. I'm not sure if it made any difference in the run, but I didn't have any upsets with it. I am also testing out Powerbar Recovery drink today. A couple of my friends swear by it, so I'm giving it a shot. I kind of like the taste (orange). It's not too sweet which is nice.

The new shoes were perfect - no problems! So now it is off to the showers and then to the work meeting. And the next new hill run tomorrow!

9 comments:

Olga said...

It is hot indeed. Where did it come from?

Unknown said...

I am not sure if the e-caps will help for a short distance, but it is good to see if you have any negative reaction to them. They could come in handy for a full loop at Lake Youngs, or something a little longer than you're used to.

Anonymous said...

A change in temperature always leaves me drained. It's been cooler here the past several days. But we've already had a 101 day in April and August is coming. Looks like your mileage is increasing nicely.

PuddyRat said...

Sounds like you have been doing some GREAT training lately, Michelle. I always knew you could (wasn't I always telling you so?). You'll be awesome at STN. Not sure, yet, if I'll be doing it. I am doing the half at Cap City next weekend, though, so I hope to see you there!

Will there be a bunch of us down there? Do we want to do breakfast again at Hawks Prairie or somewhere else?

PuddyRat said...

BTW, I'm loving the heat. Good practice for Penticton in August.

tryathlete said...

Glad to learn the shoes were okay.

Gosh, the daily temperature differences are terrible!

E-Speed said...

I need to try teh e-caps. The powerade recovery drink makes me sick after races :) Glad it works okay for you!

Legs and Wings said...

I heard that it was hot out there. A little heat here would feel good right about now.

I like how you have been running twice a day. Seems to be working. My wife will occassionaly run twice daily. She likes it too. Keep up the good work...and thanks again for your comments on my weblog.

onepinkfuzzy said...

heat training, whew!