Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Surgery Update

Things are going really well. I was out of surgery and home by about 11:45 on Monday. I don't really remember too much of it, but Eric said the surgeon reported that everything went well. I slept most of the day after that.

Yesterday, a number of friends dropped by. I received flowers, chocolates, books, gatorades and two full dinners for our family! That was incredibly nice, and very unexpected. Again, I slept off and on all morning, but managed to stay up from about 2:00 till 10:00 pm. Eric and I even walked a very slow lap of the neighborhood after dark. I'd only been taking half a pain pill because it was upsetting my stomach, but last night before bed I took a full one. I had terrible nightmares after that, so this morning I decided I'm switching over to Tylenol.

This morning I got to take the dressings off and take a shower. Boy, did that feel good! There are still these things called steri-strips over the incisions - apparently they'll fall off in a week or so. There are four incisions and I am pretty sore. Today is already much better than yesterday though. Two of my friends are going to drop by today - they are going to call ahead and bring me a treat - either a Jamba Juice or a Starbucks. It'll be hard to decide which sounds better...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers - I appreciate it and am sure it helped things to go smoothly.

6 comments:

Ironayla said...

I am sorry that I haven't talked with you more before the surgery. I am glad to hear that the surgery went well and look forward to seeing you soon. :)

robtherunner said...

Glad to hear you are still alive.

olga said...

yay, you're back, and hopefully now healthier than before! take it easy now, sleep more and blog away:)

Sarah Elaine said...

Glad to hear things went well. Sounds like you are doing just fine with the recovery. Will continue to send good wishes your way.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

I think you should have BOTH jamba juice AND starbucks!!!

Here's a virtual starbucks coffee toast to you - may you have a speedy recovery!

Donald said...

Hope your recovery goes smoothly! Take care.